Signed in as:
Signed in as:
IMMUNE SUPPORT ANTI-VIRAL PROTOCOL:
We have put the following together, for helping to strengthen your immune system when trying to prevent or recover from contagious illness. This is a longer list and meant to be a reference to use and choose from as needed for the situation. So take your time to read through it, and choose
ONLY what you think would be useful. We encourage you to review what we have shared, research for yourself, and feel free to call with any questions.
So what can we do to protect ourselves from Viral, (and Bacterial), illness
First - Keep a calm, and don't pass fear/anger/badness along! We all do better when we keep a calm head and don’t allow ourselves to be swayed by confusion, panic or fear. Breath in and out deeply, and trust that it will be well.
Lifestyle Basics for building and maintaining a strong immune system:
- Eat the best diet you can afford: Focus on real, simple, and plant based foods as the core of your diet, ensuring that you eat a wide variety of whole plant foods to include ALL the colors of the rainbow, (as each color has a beneficial role to play in your health). Also remember to avoid processed foods, sugars, caffeine, alcohol, dairy, and meat/fish as all of these increase your risk of disease and negatively impact your immune system's ability to fight off illness. Finally strive to avoid GMOs, and other food products containing glyphosate, (Roundup), such as conventional wheat, oats, legumes, sunflower seeds.
- Get Daily Movement: Get outside daily and get a minimum of 30 minutes of moderate exercise. Find some type of physical activity that you enjoy and look at this as the best supplement you can take to strengthen your immune system.
- Get Daily doses of Fresh Air: Get outside to a place where you can breath in some fresh air, where you are in nature, like around moving streams or in the mountains or in a green belt. The moving air produces negative ions that support the immune system.
- Get Daily Exposure to the Sun: Add this key health support to your daily Exercise and Fresh Air goals. Getting 30 minutes of sunshine a day is a great immune support, and will improve both your health and your mood, as sunshine activates immune building Vitamin D production in your body.
Also plan on getting your Vitamin D levels checked to see if you need to supplement this most important immune stimulating/modulating Vital Hormone.
- Drink plenty of Pure Water as your primary drink: Aim for drinking 1/2 of your body weight, (in lbs), as a base for how many ounces of Water you should drink daily. (Exp: A 150lb person should drink ~ 75 oz/day - work up slowly and drink more early in the day). Also consider testing your water for contaminants, and to evaluate the need for filtration.
- Get consistent quality Sleep: This is one of the best choices you can make to build your immune system. Follow good sleep hygiene strategies. Strive to get eight hours of sleep a night, and go to bed on the earlier side - to get more restorative sleep.
- Avoid use of NSAID’s, and Tylenol if possible: Try to use natural anti- inflammatory, and pain relieving supplements like Turmeric, and Boswellia,
What about if you start to experience symptoms of illness? We are recommending the following supplementation for anti-viral support if you get sick: (Take for 5-14 days depending on severity):
(You can also use these supplements if you are going to be in situations that increase your risk to becoming infected).
- Confirm all Adult and child dosing with us prior to use.
- Vitamin A, (immune support):
- Vitamin C, (immune support): Food sourced is best, or use Buffered/Ester-C every 2-4 hours while awake.
- Vitamin D3, (immune support and modulation):
- Zinc (a strong Anti-viral): Adult dose: Also increase intake of high zinc foods like pumpkin seeds for 5 days. Zinc lozenges can help as well as Zinc is effective at killing viruses on contact. Some lozenges like Zicam are very low dose and do not meet the needs for daily levels so a supplement may be needed. I suggested one below, (from Perque), and if not available Zand Herbals makes a good quality one as well.
- Iodine, (a strong anti-viral). Try to increase your intake of Iodine rich foods and supplement as needed. (Use in nebulizer with Lugold’s, with low dose peroxide in saline).
- Garlic (an potent anti-microbial). Use high potency Garlic/Allicin tabs or Fresh Garlic: Take 1 clove before food for the next 5-14 days depending on symptoms. Be careful with Garlic as it can lower your blood pressure.
Specific suggestions for symptoms:
1. For Cough:
Try lungwort, this is an amazing herb for helping with coughs and difficulty breathing, highly recommend it. - You can also use 1 tsp of local organic honey in 8-12 oz of warm water and sip slowly, (can add 1/4 tsp fresh lemon juice as well). You can also get teas with Ginger, Lemon, Echinacea, Turmeric, and Licorice which are all helpful with cough and are natural anti-virals. Watch the amount you use if you are diabetic.
2. For joint pain, and malaise
- Hydrotherapy, 2-3x/day, (especially right before bedtime): Start with a medium hot shower for 3 minutes, and medium cold for 1 minute, and then do three alternating cycles going hotter & colder each cycle, and finally ending on cold.
- Use a high quality Turmeric Complex with Boswellia, or Bromelain, dosage may vary according to condition and severity.
3. For congestion and opening up airways:
- Consider a steam bath with warm water with salt dissolved in the hot water and breath in the warm vapor to help expectorate your mucus.
- Diffuse Eucalyptus Essential Oil, alternating with anti-viral Essential Oil blend, (such as; Breath, Thieves, Melrose, Frankincense, Lemon, Pine, Rosemary, or Tea Tree), 3x/day to help with breathing and to shorten duration, ( You can also use Badger Balm Chest Rub: nightly on upper chest
to help keep airways open). - Echinacea augustafolia, as an herb or tea.
- Dr. Formulated "DaySpring Immune Packs", (Combined Immune support packets that I have designed to help minimize symptoms & decrease the length of illness, with essential herbs/nutrients helpful for overcoming viral illnesses in convenient daily packets to make access faster & easier for you).
Finally, remember to not give in to a spirit of fear, but be open to the power of love & hope which will help strengthen your immune system, and help you have a sound mind to make your best decisions.
Stay positive & trust that God is, and will continue to take care of you.
Best to you and yours!
As always, I am praying for your health and healing,
Dr. Zach & Naturopath Lee Wellard
Copyright © 2023 American Herb Shoppe - All Rights Reserved.